See attached PDF
All Naropa classrooms are equipped with a mini-PC, projector, and keyboard that is equipped with a trackpad. This guide will cover how to turn the PC on, sign in, and some basic troubleshooting tips.
Turning the PC on
- First, we will have to turn on the computer by pushing the power button. If there is a light shining from the power button, it's already on.
- Power on the projector with the white remote.
- Turn on the keyboard and trackpad by flipping the power switch on the top-right edge to green. Tap any key to wake the PC.
- Log in to the computer using your Naropa username (e.g., "marty.mcfly"). You do not need to include ‘naropa.edu’ when signing into classroom PC’s.
- If someone else is logged in, click "Switch User" in the bottom left corner. If the PC says that it is locked, just restart the machine and sign-in when it reboots.
- Double-click the Zoom icon on the desktop.
- Choose "Sign In" and select "SSO."
- Type "Naropa" for the company domain and press enter.
- Your browser will open. Sign into your Naropa account with your email and password.
- Click "Yes" when prompted to switch apps back to Zoom.
When Zooming with only audio in a classroom, choose ‘Scarlett USB’ in the audio settings as the microphone.
Shutting the PC down
When finished, LOG OFF of the PC.
- Please DO NOT shut down the machine. We need the PC to remain on so that the IT team can remote into computers as needed to perform maintenance.
- DO NOT LOCK the PC so that the next person can use it without issue.
- The PC will go to sleep on its own after you log off.
- Use the remote to power off the projector.
- Turn off the keyboard and trackpad by flipping the power switch on the top-right edge to red. Please be sure to leave the keyboard and projector remote next to the PC so that the next user can use it immediately.
TROUBLESHOOTING & COMMON PROBLEMS
- If there is no signal, check if the HDMI cable is plugged into the back of the PC. If it's unplugged, plug it back in. Also check to see if the HDMI is plugged into the projector input on the wall.
This is what the HDMI Cord looks like.
- If that doesn't work, check all of the other plugs and cables to see if they're connected. Try reconnecting them.
- If the PC is not functioning, restart it and try again. If it's frozen, hold down the power button for 5+ seconds until it turns off. Wait a moment and power it back on.
If you need help, ask a tech-savvy student for assistance.
If you require further assistance or need more training on classroom technology, submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org
Naropa IT Support
Email: email@example.com -- Phone: 303-245-4609
When emailing IT include your cell phone and room location.